Financial Assistance

If you are facing a financial crisis, we may provide limited financial assistance for rent, utilities, or prescriptions regardless of your family income or immigration status. Following is a list of the types of assistance we offer and any first steps needed before contacting us.

Financial Assistance

Bethesda Help is providing limited financial assistance for overdue rent and/or utilities. Bethesda Help will consider requests for financial assistance for late payments of utilities or rent.

  • Rent

    • Clients should contact Montgomery County (3-1-1) for rent relief and apply for assistance through the Rent Relief Program. Currently, the portal for rent relief is open and funds are available for back rent. To apply for this program, overdue amounts must be Covid related, and you must be at least two months behind.

    • Call Montgomery County Housing Stabilization (3-1-1) if you have been turned down by the Rent Relief Program. Prior to requesting assistance from Bethesda Help, you must first contact Montgomery County .

  • Utilities – Electric, water, and gas bills are being considered.

Documentation from your rental agency or utility company is required to be considered for any financial aid. A caseworker may be required to complete your financial assistance request. If you have applied for rent relief or rent stabilization through the county, we will need the name, phone number, and email address of the caseworker that has been assigned to you by The County.

Once you have contacted Montgomery County and completed the above steps, then contact Bethesda Help at or call 301-365-2022. Someone will get back to you regarding your request.

      • Prescription Medications No referral or caseworker is required to request prescription assistance. We use two Giant pharmacies in Bethesda to fill the prescriptions, one on Arlington Road and the other on Old Georgetown Road. Prescriptions must be filled at one of them.

To request prescription assistance, contact Bethesda Help at or call 301-365-2022. Someone will get back to you regarding your request.